Re: [Mgs] OIL

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] OIL
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 10:35:57 -0700
According to the MSDS, 1-4% by weight. Which is pretty damn vague. But seems
like that would be up in the 10,000 to 40,000 ppm range. It comes in a 15oz
bottle. So, very roughly, figuring in an oil change it is diluted by a
factor of 8, and assuming no ZDDP at all in the motor oil (which is not
true), you would wind up with a minimum of 1250 to 5000 ppm in the sump.

Makes me wonder why it doesn't have a warning on the label "do not use with
catalytic convertors".

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149