[Mgs] Not likely to be whitworth...

To: "'Clayton Kirkwood'" <crk@godblessthe.us>, "'MG List'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] Not likely to be whitworth...
From: "Vance Navarrette" <v.navarrette@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 09:51:00 -0700
        Clayton:

        Agreed. It is unlikely that anything would be Whitworth that
late in the production of the B. Although my Mini-cooper was a '74, and
it was an interesting mix of Imperial, Metric, and Whitworth. Sigh.
Buggered a few nuts trying to put metric on Imperial, and vice versa.
Doh!

        At this point I am inclined to agree with the others, your
torque wrench may be mis-calibrated - I have seen it before, especially
the cheapie Chinese ones.

        Vance