Re: [Mgs] [MG-MGB] RE: rocker threads causing problems

To: <MG-MGB@yahoogroups.com>, "'MG List'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] [MG-MGB] RE: rocker threads causing problems
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 08:51:47 +0100
Who would you be kidding if you did?  You would still be using oil even if
it didn't emit smoke (which I doubt would be the case anyway).  You surely
don't expect oil is going to remain as oil after combustion and keep
building up?  Even if it didn't actually burn it's going to get pushed out
into the exhaust.

And blue smoke after a period of idling or on the overrun has been a symptom
of valves/guides/seals in my book.  Rings causes blow-by, and a large
difference in dry and wet cylinder pressures.  A different oil *may* not
leak past the valves as much, but that would be revealed by lower oil
consumption.

PaulH.