Re: [Mgs] Late Alternator

To: "Eugene Balinski" <eugeneb@nni.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Late Alternator
From: "Bert Palte" <palte@gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 08:25:03 +0200
Hi Gene,

>From the symptoms you describe, it looks that probably
it is just the carbon brushes that are shot.
These are in the $5 - 10 range.

I strongly recommend that you examine the alternator first,
as I have found that several "rebuilt" alternators are c**p.
IIRC you need a 1/4" AF hex socket for dismantling the black cover at the rear
of the alternator.

Just my $ .02 worth.

Bert
70 B