Re: [Mgs] clearing the drains in the heater system

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] clearing the drains in the heater system
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 14:23:57 -0800
There is a rubber tube with a squeeze bulb on the end at the bottom of the
air box. You can reach it from under the car.

I don't understand the purpose of the squeeze bulb -- it just fills up with
grunge that requires cleaning out. Why not just have an open tube? But there
it is.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149

on 11/21/10 1:03 PM, Simon Matthews at simon.d.matthews@gmail.com wrote:

> My recently acquired MGB is leaking water into the passenger footwell
> (it drips off the panel under the dash). I assume this is due to water
> entering the heater vent in from of the windscreen and leaking from
> there into the car. I seem to recall that the heater air intake should
> have some water drains that need periodic cleaning, but I can't find
> instructions on doing this.
>
> Can anyone help me with instructions on how to clear these drains?
>
> Simon

Mgs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75