Re: [Mgs] clearing the drains in the heater system

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] clearing the drains in the heater system
From: Glenn Schnittke <g.schnittke@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 22:47:04 -0600
Remember, a lot of the parts used on the cars were off the shelf and
used with other marques. It's the same drainage tube on our '71 XJ6.
Same diameter and length. The tube really is designed to block ENGINE
fumes, not just exhaust. The tube is NLA from anywhere, so if it goes
trashed it can't be replaced. I guess you could replace it with a plain
tube but be careful of where you terminate the end. And be careful when
cleaning that you don't trash it. The coathanger gag bent at 45 deg.
works well but I'd be a little leery of the drill part. Not needed.
Bending the other end so you can twist it is all you need. If the tube
looks a little dicey you might substitute a piece of 12 ga. solid core
electrical wire and leave the insulation on.

Glenn

> From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
> Subject: Re: [Mgs] clearing the drains in the heater system
> To: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>,MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
>
> Max,
>
> No that does not make sense !  The drain tube goes up to the intake
> so no exhaust fumes there.

Glenn

--

"We won't get fooled again."