[Mgs] Rallying an MG TD

To: Mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mgs] Rallying an MG TD
From: JohnD <johnsfolly@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 17:29:26 -0500
Although I'm a long-time Midget and MGB owner and vintage racer, I've
decided to prepare my '53 MG TD to run the Rallye to Reno.  This will go
from the east coast to the 2011 Lake Tahoe MG International next June. Since
the car has been neglected for 30 years and seems to need so much attention,
friends began to question my sanity. So, I figured if it is really so "out
there," I could use it as a way to increase awareness of the issues related
to pediatric cancer and also raise some donations to CURE Childhood Cancer,
a 4-star-rated charity dedicated to cutting edge research, training and
support of young patients and their families.

Some of you guys may know that I was diagnosed with cancer of the larynx in
1997 (and went into surgery the day after I rolled my Midget at GingerMan
Raceway). Over the years of going to the University of Michigan Cancer
Center, it's the sight of the youngsters coming in for treatments that has
stayed with me. I had 50 years of fun. Some of them were never going to get
off of the grid.

Work is underway and I've posted the occassional blog entry as the date gets
closer. Ride along at MGDrive for CURE:
http://www.kidsCURE.blogspot.com <http://www.kidscure.blogspot.com/>

See you in Reno...and Tahoe...and San Francisco...and Portland...wherever
else I have to go to get back to Michigan!

-John Deikis
JOHNSFOLLY MOTORSPORTS
www.johnsfolly.webs.com
*Racing in the Past Lane!*