Re: [Mgs] Hydraulics

To: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Hydraulics
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 10:48:15 -0400
Max,

I use Castrol LMA, but I wonder if this theory still applies.  Are
there really "British seals" anymore?  In Steve's case, he said he's
rebuilt replaced cylinders multiple times.  I would imagine that
replacement seals are made out of the same stuff whether for an MG or
a Toyota.  Maybe we need to figure out what works best with Chinese seals.

-Steve Trovato
strovato@optonline.net

At 04:02 PM 6/9/2011, Max Heim wrote:
>You might want to switch to Castrol LMA brake fluid instead of generic DOT4.
>IME generic brake fluid can rot British seals.

Mgs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive