[Mgs] Victoria British q

Subject: [Mgs] Victoria British q
From: redscirocco at hotmail.com (Mike Eldred)
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 09:08:34 -0400
It's a difficult question to answer, and you have to be careful what you say
about Moss motors on these lists.  I passed along something someone else said
about a moss product on the MGT list, and got an email from Moss Motors -
complete with my name, address, and account number - basically ordering me to
cease and desist.

That said, there are only a few manufacturers of some restoration parts, and I
suspect both VB and MM have the same suppliers for many products.  For my
Midget project, I used both VB and MM, but mostly VB.  I also used other
suppliers for some things.  For instance, I bought my Carelli carpet on eBay.
Very nice, and a fraction of the VB or MM price.  But it's cut-pile, rather
than the more original loop.  I bought my top on eBay, too.  On the other
hand, I bought my vinyl upholstery on eBay and it was lousy.

Mostly I've bought from VB.  I've had only one problem, with an interior
panel, and VBs customer service was excellent.  I bought less from MM, but one
of the things I bought was incorrectly listed as fitting my car.  When you buy
from MM, I suggest you purchase through Jeff Zorn at www.lbcarco.com (Little
British Car company).  Excellent customer service, and his prices are about
10% under MM catalog prices.

Good luck!

-Mike Eldred
Wilmington, VT