Re: [Mgs] Traffic on the list

To: mgmagnette@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Traffic on the list
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@mgaguru.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 01:20:59 -0600
Chuckle.  I distinctly remember my first post on this list, but I had
to look up the date.  It was Sat, 20 Apr 1996, at a time when we were
still paying AOL by the minute for connect time, and my email address
was "BarneyMG@aol.com".  My first message was, "Anybody besides me
still thrashing an MGA on a regular basis"?  The word "thrashing"
immediately raised quite a ruckus, almost as bad as brake fluid or cats.

By that time I had already been autocrossing with SCCA nearly every
weekend for five years, and had already broken the engine a few
times.  1996 was also the year I put 21,000 miles on the MGA in one
year putzing around on club activities.  Early that year the car had
only 75,000 miles in nine years after the first restoration
(following 150,000 miles before I bought the car with three layers of
paint).  The car now has 391,000 miles (241,000 or it under my foot),
and I continue to "thrash" it at every opportunuty.  Lots of good
memories on this list.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
http://MGAguru.com

At 12:00 AM 11/27/2011 -0500, mgmagnette@aol.com wrote:
>For giggles, I looked up when I first posted on mgs@autox.team.net
>:    It was Sun, 23 Apr 1995 18:28:47 EDT  My email address then
>was  WJAD81D@prodigy.com
>Prodigy, lol.
>
>I don't know how 1995 is possible, parents bought the MGB in 1992...
>and surely it broke down before then!  When was team.net started?
>
>Lets see so I was born May 12, 1978.  I was on this list Apr 1995,
>when I was 17.   Now I'm 33...   Oh geez, in one year I'll have been
>on this mailing list 1/2 my life!
>
>There used to be so many messages I'd have to delete hundreds of them a day.
>
>Anyway, I'm never giving up on Mgs@autox.team.net  even if everyone
>has moved over to the MG Experience site.  Barney Gaylord is an MG-enius.

Mgs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive