[Mgs] Generator problems - 64B

Subject: [Mgs] Generator problems - 64B
From: paul.hunt1 at blueyonder.co.uk (Paul Hunt)
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 10:05:17 -0000
I'd expect the 3-coil control boxes to be specific to the generator to some
extent, because the 3rd coil is the current regulator.  If you put a
high-output generator on a standard-output control box you wouldn't get the
benefit of the extra output.  It depends what load he was putting on the
generators, i.e. was it a standard load or a variable one pertaining to the
generator.  But again I would expect a lower-output generator to run hotter
than a higher-output generator on a given load.

I can't find the control box on the Moss sites either, US or Europe, even
searching for the three part numbers I'm aware of, but can on other vendors
sites.  There are more references on Google to the RB340 item than the ones
in the MGB Parts Catalogue, and the indications are that that comes in
different flavours typically 11 amps, 22 amps and 25 amps.

PaulH.