[Mgs] stromberg tuning/repair?

To: "mg list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] stromberg tuning/repair?
From: "Aubrey Schneider" <aschneider@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 12:22:06 -0800
Hi all,

I have been lurking on & off for a while, observing the concern about
traffic.

Maybe this will  help.

I need to do a complete retuning of my Stromberg. From the height of the
butterfly ( don't know what else to call ) to timing & finally the setting of
the carb. As age overtakes me, I'm not able to follow the manual.

Here is the problem. A "well versed garage" took it upon them selves, at my
request to get the 75 B thru'Aircare. (smog control) they got it passed but
when attempting to bring back the performance side, they gave me back a B that
misses constantly, has no power up hills & overheats ( steam billowing from
the rad), doesn't start for a long time while cranking. Oil in the dash pot
always.

Is there someone out there who would be prepared to help  me set this carb up
for both performance & reasonable fuel consumption.

I live in North Vancouver BC Canada so any local help would really be
appreciated.

Best wishes & a healthy New Year.
ps.I have a timing light etc.
Aubrey