[Mgs] MGA Rebuild

To: Mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mgs] MGA Rebuild
From: Thompson Allan <allan.thompson@ntlworld.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2012 19:57:04 -0500
Happy New Year!

I have had a 1960 MGA for a few years - nut haven't had the money nor the
time to tackle a rebuild.... but 2012 should allow some of both... so I am
wondering if anyone has a master-plan for a strip down to the frame and a
full rebuild?

I plan to have the engine tuned by professionals (with the crank-shaft
being balanced) and the bodywork and trim also done by professionals.

I would like to get down to the frame to have it powder coated and work
from there - but if anyone has a master plan that would be great! I do have
several MG A Books and did complete an MGB rebuild a number of years ago -
but that was easier because I started with a new shell which I had sprayed
then sat it side by side with the donor car.

For instance, some of the panels have small dings and dents... should I
take these off and get them prepared and painted before reassembly?
Should I take the engine out before I take the panels off?

Any advice gratefully received!

Allan

Mgs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html