Re: [Mgs] MGA Rebuild

To: Mark J Bradakis <mark@bradakis.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MGA Rebuild
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2012 18:16:36 -0500
Mark,

I do have some experience with Forum vs Email.    Forums suck unless
one wants to chat and browse with no particular question in mind.  I
started the Aston Martin Feltham Club (www.AMFClub.com) because the
AMOC was so expensive and does little in the technical side.  So I
have gathered a group of enthusiasts with the same Aston that I
have.  This allows us to correspond back and forward and as a result
we have solved many problems.  With forums you have to keep signing
on (and having to remember a user name etc), but with email - BAM it
arrives !!!  The Aston Martin Owners Club is very upset with me and
maintains the Forum is the way to go - but my experience with
team.net and several forums - the team.net wins all hands down.  As a
for instance, I need a pressure switch for my master brake cylinder -
so I sent out an email to my membership (much the same idea as
team.net except tons of MGs but few DB 2/4s).  I had a reply from a
member with part number and using Copernic I found the cheapest
supplier for the Lucas part - elapsed time ????   31 minutes.   I got
a call from AMOC saying I should use the AMOC forum which I did,
omitting to say I already had ordered a part.  As of today (I
accessed the AMOC forum today) there is no reply to my AMOC plea !!!

Forums are complex, fussy, and not in real time ...."oh, god grief, I
forgot to go to the forum AGAIN"  Go look at the AMOC forum and see
how complex it is ....and for no apparent reason except some techy
sold them on all the "features" the software package
had  ...............and rarely used

Your team.net system is far far the best ever and don't you forget it

At 03:47 PM 1/8/2012, you wrote:
>Once again I'll reiterate.  The email lists DO NOT ALLOW attachments.
>One can go to http://www.team.net/forums ( link also below ) and
>register.  Once you get your username and password you can post
>pictures.  Then send a short note to the email list informing folks.
>
>Personally I wish the forum was used all the time instead of email,
>but that ain't gonna happen.  Oh well.
>

>mjb.

Regards

Barrie