Re: [Mgs] That was festive!

To: "Mgs@autox.team.net" <Mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] That was festive!
From: David Breneman <david_breneman@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 10:19:55 -0800 (PST)
From: Mark J Bradakis <mark@bradakis.com>

> Century Link is now the name of
the company that used to be called Qwest.
> They do telecommunications,
internet such as Team.Net's DSL connection,
> and now various entertainment
products.  They spent a lot of money advertising
> the change, and how they
are so committed to customer service, blah blah blah.

Century Link, formerly
CenturyTel, has been my phone company for
about 10 years.  They bought out PTI
communications, which bought
out Telephone Utilities of Washington, which
bought out Island
Empire Telephone, which bought out...  etc., etc.

They
originally specialized in rural markets.  My market was rural
when I was a
kid.  We had a 20-party line and didn't get Touch
Tone until the early 90s.
We had the last operating Stromberg-
Carlson step-by-step switch in the
country.  But now it seems
they've jumped into the big leagues by buying some
former Baby
Bells.  I've found the service to be fine, but I've never lived
on
the Bell System so I don't have much to compare it to.

But whatever happens,
I'm not giving up my Ericofon!  :-)

Mgs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html