Re: [Mgs] 64 B rear ended

To: "ccrobins@ktc.com" <ccrobins@ktc.com>, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] 64 B rear ended
From: "Councill, David" <dcouncill@msubillings.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 19:38:21 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
After a few calls, I found that the lady who ran into me did notify her
insurance company. I notified mine too just in case (I thought I only had
liability but actually I have full coverage minus a $1000 deductible). Max
said there may be a problem finding a body shop to work on the car. This is a
relatively true statement, more so in a smaller populated area where I live.
But I took it to the one body shop my insurance company (USAA) recommended.
The shop wanted to know if I know where they could get a rear bumper so I
referred him to Moss. I l already looked it up and a full replacement with
over riders lists at $320. The other seriously damaged part is the back panel,
just to the left of the gas tank filler, which is pushed in maybe 1/2 - 1 inch
from the force on the over rider. The body guy said it would be better to
straighten out that part rather than weld in another piece. They gave me a
repair estimate - for $2400. So paperwork is in the process and maybe a repair
in the next several weeks to a month.

David Councill
64 B
67 BGT