Re: [Mgs] Won't start

To: PaulHunt73 <paulhunt73@virginmedia.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Won't start
From: Monte Jane Morris <montejane@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 10:31:53 -0500
Cc: MG list <mgs@autox.team.net>
BTW, This 79B has a 45D distributor with points and condenser. I'm now
confused as to which coil to order. I think my last post was wrong. Since I
have not changed the wiring and the "drive resistor" is still connected, I
should order Moss coil #143-230 (for a ballasted system) and leave the
resistor and other wiring intact, correct?

Whew, back 12 years ago when I bought a 74 parts car, trashed the ZS carb
on the 79 and converted to HIF's, trashed the Opus electronic ignition and
switched to a points dizzy, used parts from the 74, bought other parts new
and used.... I can't remember what parts came from where, so the ignition
system as well as the fuel and exhaust system are HYBRIDS!!  Several times
I've mistakenly ordered parts for a 79 when I should have ordered parts for
a 74:). I suppose many MGs on the road are now hybrids.