[Mgs] oil pressure delay question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mgs] oil pressure delay question
From: Don <don@napanet.net>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 11:34:20 -0700
Has the engine been rebuilt? In the rebuild gasket set there are two
different oil pump gaskets.  If the wrong one is used, it doesn't
cover all of the holes causing a delay in the oil pump getting
suction.  The result is a delay in establishing oil pressure.

I think if that gasket is the wrong one, there will be no oil
pressure at all.  I rebuilt my '67 B GT engine years ago, and when I
went to start the engine, no oil pressure.  I tried a lot of things
to fix it, and finally took it apart only to discover that I had used
the wrong oil pump gasket on assembly.