Re: [Mgs] That new 78 B got rear ended today....

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] That new 78 B got rear ended today....
From: Max Heim <mvheim@sonic.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2013 10:32:27 -0700
Good luck. Any kind of accident involving an "unusual" vehicle tends to
turn into a long drawn-out process. My 1967 Plymouth Barracuda is still in
the shop, after being rear-ended last July. It might make it out for the 1st
anniversary, but it doesn't look likely at this point.

The auto insurance and repair process is designed to deal with generic,
replaceable cars. It's almost impossible to get full value compensation for
damage to a vintage-but-not-classic driver.

My MGB was hit twice (minor damage) and never repaired -- couldn't find a
shop that would accept it, other than for a total restoration (for which I
was not being compensated, obviously). The Barracuda was the same story, but
this time I bit the bullet for a major resto.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149