Re: [Mgs] Adding oil to steering rack while I have the radiator out

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Adding oil to steering rack while I have the radiator out
From: Max Heim <mvheim@sonic.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 17:07:10 -0700
Yes, but it's very slow. With the front wheels off the ground, you drip a
little in, turn the wheel, drip some more, turn some more... You are
basically lubing every tooth in the rack individually.

However, at least you are lubing the rack. With the other method, injecting
oil into the gaiters, there is no guarantee it willl ever wind up in the
rack -- certainly not in the center of the rack. For all you know it may
just slosh around in the bottom of the gaiter indefinitely.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149