Re: [Mgs] 1971 MGB front pulley split, any advice on replacement?

To: PaulHunt73 <paulhunt73@virginmedia.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] 1971 MGB front pulley split, any advice on replacement?
From: Simon Matthews <simon.d.matthews@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2013 23:01:26 -0700
Cc: MGS <mgs@autox.team.net>
In the end, it required very light encouragement from a puller. I suspect
that if I could have got more traction on it, a puller would not have been
required.

To get the bolt loosened, I used the breaker bar resting on the front
fender (with some wood and lots of padding) trick. By the time I had the 1
15/16 socket and  a 1/2  to 3/4 socket adaptor on the end of my impact
wrench, it would not fit in the space.

Putting it back together, I used anti-seize compound on the shaft/pulley
(but NOT on the bolt) so that it should come apart easily  in the future.

Simon