[Mgs] Lubricheck - The digital 'blood tester' for your car

To: "mgs-autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] Lubricheck - The digital 'blood tester' for your car
From: Don <don@napanet.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2013 10:32:37 -0700
I just saw this product mentioned in the latest Sierra Club
magazine.  It's a device for checking the condition of the oil in
your car's engine.  Price is less than $50.  I have always changed
oil at 3k miles, but I have not been using time as a factor, just
miles.  Some of my cars don't accumulate 3k miles in three years.
The factors this device is supposed to be able to check
are:  acidity, metal particulates, carbonized particulates, and
foreign liquids.
:
http://www.lubricheck.com/demo/home/resources

Anyone out there know anything about the device?  Any thoughts?  I am
thinking I may just buy one unless I read or hear something negative.

Don Scott,  Calistoga CA USA  / 1955 MGTF, 1962 MGA Mk 2, 1967 MGB,
1963-7 MGB (seeking), Misc. Japanese cars