Re: [Mgs] SU fuel pump availability

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] SU fuel pump availability
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2013 13:41:18 -0400
I agree with Gordie.  There are guys out there who rebuild fuel
pumps, and what you end up with is as good as new.  If you do replace
your pump and your old one was a genuine SU, don't throw it
away.  The guys who do the rebuilding are usually looking for cores
and they will give you a few bucks for it.  As for Burlen, I find it
hard to believe that they can't come up with a pump that can deal
with ethanol.  The carbs have to deal with ethanol too.  If they
can't deal with modern fuel, they will have to discontinue almost
everything they sell!

-Steve Trovato
strovato@optonline.net