[Mgs] Heater Air Control

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net> reip=0.000, cl=1, cld=1, fgs=0
Subject: [Mgs] Heater Air Control
From: Mark <mark@nashvilletn.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 09:34:54 -0600
Here is my first post regarding my recently acquired 67 BGT.  I was
sorting out the heater air flow control mechanical switch this weekend
and ran into a problem.  The spring on the shaft of the air control that
holds the knob is missing.  Someone in the past had put a set screw in
the plastic knob that fit poorly in hole in the shaft that held the
detent.  The switch works but not well.  I see that the usual sources
don't have the replacement switch and the plastic won't hold the set
screw for long.  are there any good options to fix the shaft?  Maybe a
replacement spring and detent?  I also have minimal flow of hot water
through the heater core and have ordered a new heater control valve.  I
need to flush the cooling system anyway so I will replace the valve when
empty the radiator.

Thanks,

Mark
Nashville