Re: [Mgs] testing a generator from a 62 mga

To: <crk@godblessthe.us>, <mgs@autox.team.net>, <mgacars@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] testing a generator from a 62 mga
From: "PaulHunt73" <paulhunt73@virginmedia.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2014 09:37:28 -0000
You need to spin it from a variable speed source while the F and D terminals
are connected together.  Monitor the voltage between those terminals and the
body, and don't let it go above 20v.  If it can get to 20v then it probably
is OK, usually if the stator or rotor circuits are faulty it won't get
anywhere near that.  It should reach 20v before the engine it is attached to
is spinning at 1000rpm, which is why it is better to test it on the engine,
if you don't have somewhere handy that can do a proper voltage and current
test.

PaulH.