Re: [Mgs] Starting Issues

To: "'FrankK'" <frankk12@verizon.net>, "'MG List'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Starting Issues
From: "Hans Duinhoven" <h.duinhoven@planet.nl>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2014 12:17:59 +0200
Hi Frank,

Long time since my last visit.
I expect the pump has nothing to do with the starting problem.
Did you look at the starter solenoid high current connections?
On my GT the screw thread was worn on the starter solenoid, so the nut did
not firmly keep all wiring sockets tight to the solenoid.
At this point also the battery wire is connected.
For low current electrics the connection would work, but high starter
solenoid & motor current makes a high tension loss over just a little
resistance already.
I replaced the solenoid and it works fine.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Hans
71 BGT