Re: [Mgs] OT - F1 (besides, its too quiet here

To: "Rick Lindsay" <richardolindsay@gmail.com>, "Dan DiBiase via Mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>, <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] OT - F1 (besides, its too quiet here
From: PaulHunt73 via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2015 14:44:31 -0000

--===============5408446240977236738==
        boundary="----=_NextPart_000_00E0_01D03264.1A3EB520"

------=_NextPart_000_00E0_01D03264.1A3EB520
        charset="UTF-8"

I didn't see the reasoning behind Honda not having the same development =
opportunities as everyone else, so if they now do then I see no problem.

Increased frequency of TV commercials (ugh) is surely a sign of =
increased TV audience, isn't it?  Emptying grandstands may just be a =
sign of increasing consumer resistance to pricing.  I see Silverstone's =
director wants to reduce prices, saying they have been far too high.  =
Other commentators have said that the quieter engines have brought a =
wider audience, families with children, as there is less risk of harm to =
their hearing.  I have not been able to understand the fuss and =
complaints about them being less noisy.

As for Ferrari, a documentary on John Surtees this week described how as =
a Ferrari driver he was given an untested car at Sebring (I think) at =
the last minute over his planned car, as the team manager wanted an =
Italian to win.  In the event Surtees still won, despite being partly =
poisoned by exhaust fumes.  The team manager then raised an objection =
saying he hadn't done enough laps, but was overruled as Surtees's wife's =
lap charts coincided exactly with the organisers.  Was ever thus.

A superb season last year, the best for many.  I hadn't been so keyed up =
as for that last race since probably the 80s.  I hope the commentators =
grow up a bit though and don't try to blow the competitiveness between =
Hamilton and Rosberg out of all proportion like they did last year.

PaulH.

----- Original Message -----=20