Re: [Mgs] 54 TF ammeter question

To: <dontoy@comcast.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] 54 TF ammeter question
From: PaulHunt73 via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2015 15:50:46 -0000

--===============1211993035384570352==
        boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0024_01D03336.8606D670"

------=_NextPart_000_0024_01D03336.8606D670
        charset="utf-8"

Are you *sure* you reversed?  And didn't just put them back on the same =
terminals?  A typical ammeter and especially one used in a car of the =
era of the TF is a simple moving iron arrangement, in a coil with just =
two terminals.  Reverse the direction of the current in the coil and you =
reverse the magnetism, and hence the needle movement.  That's why =
ammeters work  - current flows one way to indicate a charge, and the =
other way to indicate a discharge.  Incidentally you could have done =
something else such that it was charging when you originally connected =
it, and now you have reversed it it isn't.  You need to confirm it *is* =
charging with a voltmeter.

PaulH.
  ----- Original Message -----=20