Re: [Mgs] Oil Filter Adapter

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Oil Filter Adapter
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 14:45:42 -0500
Folks,

   I talked to Moss USA about this adapter.  They say that it can't be
used on the '68 and later Bs because the later starter is longer than
the earlier one, so it sticks into the space that the filter would
occupy if it was hung straight down.  I suppose that's why the adapter I
have (77 on the diagram)) was made.  Why it's NLA is beyond me.  I came
by mine in a box of miscellaneous parts that was in the boot of the '70
B that I used to have.

Barney, that's good info, thanks.  Looks to me that the best way to fix
that is to mill the hole in the casting deeper.

CR