Re: [Mgs] Oil Filter Adapter

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Oil Filter Adapter
From: PaulHunt73 via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 10:02:26 +0100
FWIW I've got two hanging filters and one inverted, and for me the inverted
is far easier to handle and no messier.  The problem with the hanging is
that as soon as the seal breaks on unscrewing oil runs down the outside,
making the can slippy and impossible to grip with gloves, I have to wrap
masking tape round them first.  They also need something underneath them to
catch the dripping oil, just like the inverted, but I'd rather be handling a
clean cannister than one covered in oil.

Also FWIW from what I've seen the factory only used the hanging screw-on for
four months, but it was from Oct 73 to Feb 74 whereas the same 2M100 starter
was used from August 71 onwards, and modified 18V engines for the rubber
bumper models didn't start until September 74.  So I don't see what the
starter has to do with first the introduction of a hanging spin-on and then
the almost immediate reversion to inverted.

PaulH.