Re: [Mgs] 70 Fuel Pump question

To: "dave willner" <davewillner@pa.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] 70 Fuel Pump question
From: PaulHunt73 via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 10:53:26 +0100

--===============1279523942589913173==
        boundary="----=_NextPart_000_041E_01D0A36B.ADC28920"

------=_NextPart_000_041E_01D0A36B.ADC28920
        charset="utf-8"

If the pump is continually chattering then fuel isn't getting through to =
fill the float chamber, shut the float valves, and pressurise the system =
to shut off the pump.  But if you only get the occasional tick as normal =
then something else is wrong.

First take a fuel delivery pipe off a carb, direct it into a container, =
and switch on the ignition.  It should deliver at least one Imperial =
pint per minute and in practice more than double that, in a continual =
series of pulses with minimal bubbling.

That will tell you whether you need to go back towards the pump etc., or =
forwards to the carbs etc.

PaulH.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  So I installed a new OEM SU this morning, purchased from Moss. Started =
right up, pulled out of the garage and it stopped running and =
won=E2=80=99t start now. I get the =E2=80=9Cticks=E2=80=9D but not sure =
why no fuel, gas is in the tank?
------=_NextPart_000_041E_01D0A36B.ADC28920
        charset="utf-8"

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8" http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY dir=3Dltr bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>If the pump is continually chattering then fuel =
isn't getting=20
through to fill the float chamber, shut the float valves, and pressurise =
the=20
system to shut off the pump.&nbsp; But if you only get the occasional =
tick as=20
normal then something else is wrong.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>First take a fuel delivery pipe off a carb, direct =
it into a=20
container, and switch on the ignition.&nbsp; It should deliver at least =
one=20
Imperial pint per minute and in practice more than double that, in a =
continual=20
series of pulses with minimal bubbling.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>That will tell you whether you need to go back =
towards the=20
pump etc., or forwards to the carbs etc.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>PaulH.</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV dir=3Dltr>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; COLOR: #000000; FONT-SIZE: =
12pt">
  <DIV>So I installed a new OEM SU this morning, purchased from Moss. =
Started=20
  right up, pulled out of the garage and it stopped running and =
won=E2=80=99t start now.=20
  I get the =E2=80=9Cticks=E2=80=9D but not sure why no fuel, gas is in =
the=20
  tank?</DIV></DIV></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_041E_01D0A36B.ADC28920--