[Mgs] Leaking speedometer cable fitting.

To: mgs@autox.team.net s=q20140121; t=1444990416; bh=mPsXeqr/86OZ+T3K9/zUP3BS5jeziYx5jd+38f1GiEo=; h=Received:Received:From:Content-Type:Subject:Message-Id:Date:To: Mime-Version; b=GQr6nonw9Bktt42a1pLI+iO12v7sYMdp2hUilcpHosfYAgNnVqWCUzMJFPzrdAPEs XHNYK5YdR6qPM3kVNJONCKir2fl/9WSTPYqH2HHep4X+9WK3S6dRHRfpCbfnqSQxxt NZwkmBTdN1nm4pBco6FmSpZSUxckJLqZxVX8Z1zDVAT/NPLN2CMI8AUx37KwvMR9c8 6UZpMmI1/zKBBOgTsA0zA0PsbMr+2Hb3p18NGjjWH/4+HqPzPAKXx1mhAM131y518j ayjmb13jzw/ZpZ1MiFevriEqJhQpC8e0ntRxIDkO9Km0Z1L/yZxiZTZ6LDpcq9s2oR DILBFwg5F0RiA==
Subject: [Mgs] Leaking speedometer cable fitting.
From: Donald Joseph Toy via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 06:13:36 -0400
Sages of the list,
In the past i have had a problem, like most T series owners, with the wild
fluctuations of my speedometer.I had pulled the original cable and found a
fairly large kink in it. I did some vise clamping and some gentle persuasion on
the cable jacket and returned it to a roundish shape. however this didnâ??t
help the problem. I ordered the non original cable from Moss which is a sealed
cable with a plastic jacket. I finally had a semi decent speedometer reading.
Then we started to notice that drips of oil were coming out of the top of the
cable nearest the speedometer, followed by my speedometer going all the way up
and sticking at the top speed. (no way in h3ll). Any fixes on stopping this oil
from working its way up from the tranny?
Donald Joseph Toy
dontoy@comcast.net
â??all great men are deadâ?¦and Iâ??m not feeling well"