Re: [Mgs] it's not goodbye, but I'm not sure what it is

To: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] it's not goodbye, but I'm not sure what it is
From: Aaron Whiteman via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2016 14:59:50 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: "mgs@autox.team.net List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
On Thu, 9 Jun 2016, Charley & Peggy Robinson wrote:

> Buzz off turncoat! :-D I'm contemplating selling my '69 tourer.  Don't drive
> it much anymore.  But I still remember the empty feeling I has after selling
> my '70. :-\

It was really hard; much harder than I thought it would be. Despite
the oil leak that I never could fix, I like to think that the car left
my hands in much better condition than when I got it.

Even with all the warts that come with the later examples of the MGB,
it is a really special car to own. The MX-5 is fun to drive, goes
faster, is more reliable, and is more refined (air con! cruise
control! a cup holder!). But it's not quite the same.

Will I miss the major repairs I've had to do over the years to keep
the 'B in proper driving condition? Frankly, no. But I'll miss the
intimate connection with the car that those tasks created.

--
Aaron Whiteman