Re: [Mgs] [Mg-t] Computer Fun

To: Mark J Bradakis <mark@bradakis.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] [Mg-t] Computer Fun
From: Richard Lindsay via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2016 14:22:02 -0500
Cc: "mgs@autox.team.net List" <mgs@autox.team.net>, mg-t@autox.team.net

--001a114015ce43b4280534dd5669

Thank you, Mark.
On Jun 9, 2016 12:04 PM, "Mark J Bradakis" <mark@bradakis.com> wrote:

> So someone hacked into Team.Net through the web server, and used it to
> spew out spam. What fun. The main issue has been taken care of, but it was
> happening long enough for some service providers to set up a block for the
> Team.Net IP. So a fair number of you may never see this message. I'll be
> working on restoring access, but it could be some time, like several days.
>
> And meanwhile I think I will build a new server, start from the ground up.
> Stick with Ubuntu, or Fedora, or ??  Decisions, decisions.
>
> In the meantime I will work on getting mail flowing out as best as
> possible.
>
> Thanks for your patience.
>
> mjb.

--001a114015ce43b4280534dd5669

uot; &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:mark@bradakis.com";>mark@bradakis.com</a>&gt; wro=
te:<br type=3D"attribution"><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"marg=
in:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">So someone hacke=
d into Team.Net through the web server, and used it to spew out spam. What =
fun. The main issue has been taken care of, but it was happening long enoug=
h for some service providers to set up a block for the Team.Net IP. So a fa=
ir number of you may never see this message. I&#39;ll be working on restori=
ng access, but it could be some time, like several days.<br>
And meanwhile I think I will build a new server, start from the ground up. =
Stick with Ubuntu, or Fedora, or ??=C2=A0 Decisions, decisions.<br>
In the meantime I will work on getting mail flowing out as best as possible=
.<br>
Thanks for your patience.<br>
mjb.<br>
t</a><br>