Re: [Mgs] Bleeding brakes question...

To: Bob Howard <mgbobh@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Bleeding brakes question...
From: Richard Lindsay via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2019 10:59:38 -0500
Cc: Biturbo <BiturboZentrum@yahoogroups.com>, TR3b Mail List <tr3a@yahoogroups.com>, "mgs@autox.team.net List" <mgs@autox.team.net>

--00000000000044d2b00587710631

>    Mine does indicate such a fault, as it leaks right through the $55
> plastic switch, the inside fender paint showing that.

Mine too, Bob! Exactly the same.

On Fri, Apr 26, 2019, 8:33 AM Robert's New iPad <mgbobh@gmail.com> wrote:

>    The MGB workshop manual says to do longest first. MGBs initially had a
> single circuit, then two, and a shuttle-device that would indicate if one
> system were leaking.
>    I suppose, and this is just supposition, that the longer lines have the
> possibility of more air therein, the shorter ones to front disc brakes move
> more fluid, so our bleeding longest first would be least likely to cause
> that valve to indicate a leak fault.
>    Mine does indicate such a fault, as it leaks right through the $55
> plastic switch, the inside fender paint showing that.
>
> > On Apr 26, 2019, at 9:18 AM, Richard Lindsay via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
> wrote:
> >
> >     On vehicles with independent front and rear brake hydraulic
> circuits, is it still advisable to bleed the longest pipe run first? That
> is, does it matter if one bleeds the front brakes first?
> >
> > Rick

--00000000000044d2b00587710631

s it leaks right through the <span class=3D"money">$55</span><div dir=3D"au=
to">&gt; plastic switch, the inside fender paint showing that.=C2=A0<div di=
l_attr">On Fri, Apr 26, 2019, 8:33 AM Robert&#39;s New iPad &lt;<a href=3D"=
te class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc so=
lid;padding-left:1ex">=C2=A0 =C2=A0The MGB workshop manual says to do longe=
st first. MGBs initially had a single circuit, then two, and a shuttle-devi=
ce that would indicate if one system were leaking.=C2=A0 <br>
=C2=A0 =C2=A0I suppose, and this is just supposition, that the longer lines=
 have the possibility of more air therein, the shorter ones to front disc b=
rakes move more fluid, so our bleeding longest first would be least likely =
to cause that valve to indicate a leak fault.<br>
=C2=A0 =C2=A0Mine does indicate such a fault, as it leaks right through the=
 $55 plastic switch, the inside fender paint showing that. <br>
&gt; On Apr 26, 2019, at 9:18 AM, Richard Lindsay via Mgs &lt;<a href=3D"ma=
ilto:mgs@autox.team.net" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">mgs@autox.tea=
m.net</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt;=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0On vehicles with independent front and rear brake h=
ydraulic circuits, is it still advisable to bleed the longest pipe run firs=
t? That is, does it matter if one bleeds the front brakes first?<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Rick<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <a href=3D"mailto:Mgs@autox.team.net"; target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"norefer=
rer">Mgs@autox.team.net</a><br>
&gt; Donate: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html"; rel=3D"noreferrer =
noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
&gt; Suggested annual donation=C2=A0 $12.75<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs"; rel=3D"noreferr=
er noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs</a><br>
&gt; <br>