[Mgs] Coolant draining on an MGB

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] Coolant draining on an MGB
From: wkilleffer--- via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 08 May 2019 11:26:17 -0400

----_com.lge.email_4117413141564470
   charset=utf-8

Hello everyone,The car I will be working on is a 1974 B with an 18GK engine. It
uses one of those metal junctions that attaches a short hose tobthe water pump,
lower radiator hose, and hose to the heater core. I will be replacing the
radiator, radiator cap, all hoses, and putting in a 180 (or 185deg) thermostat.
All the parts are coming from Vicky Brit. Unfortunately, I found out the hard
way that the yellow so-called universal coolant doesn't work well with brass
and copper radiators, which is why I'm doing this work. My engine has a
coolant drain plug near the oil gauge takeoff near the back of the engine.
However, I have never been able to get anything to drain out of it. I'm willing
to have another go at it, but not expecting much. So, how do I get all the old
coolant out of the engine since the coolant drain plug isn't functional, and
since there will likely be water left inside the block, how do I properly
dilute the green coolant?Thank you,-WilliamSent from my LG Mobile
----_com.lge.email_4117413141564470
   charset=utf-8

</head>
with an 18GK engine. It uses one of those metal junctions that attaches a short
hose tobthe water pump, lower radiator hose, and hose to the heater
the radiator, radiator cap, all hoses, and putting in a 180 (or 185deg)
thermostat. All the parts are coming from Vicky Brit.&nbsp;</div><div
that the yellow so-called universal coolant doesn't work well with brass and
copper radiators, which is why I'm doing this work.&nbsp;</div><div
the oil gauge takeoff near the back of the engine. However, I have never been
able to get anything to drain out of it. I'm willing to have another go at it,
dir="auto">So, how do I get all the old coolant out of the engine since the
coolant drain plug isn't functional, and since there will likely be water left
inside the block, how do I properly dilute the green coolant?</div><div
id="LGEmailSignatureBox" dir="auto"><div dir="auto" font-size:9pt;"=""><i>Sent

----_com.lge.email_4117413141564470--

--===============3169494490779073746==