[Mgs] To do

To: MGs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] To do
From: Richard Lindsay via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2019 07:23:40 -0500

--0000000000003a1eaa05912c76c9

Hello friends,
   It is SO quiet here! Everyone's cars must be running perfectly! What
else might one expect?
   I have made no progress on my TD. The car is 98% restored and with only
four tasks remaining.

1. Replace the choke cable.
2. Install the new top and side screens covers.
3. Uncover the seat back upholstery and reshape the foam pad. More on that
below.
4. Replace the brake master cylinder and re-bleed the brakes.

With all of that done, the little car will be ready for fall weather
motoring. Of course, there is no rush since I live in Houston, Texas where
autumn doesn't arrive until December!!!
   Now for item number three: When I originally uncovered the TD's seat
back I discovered that the metal springs were rusted and failing beyond
repair. The backing board was also delaminating. So I then used the old
backing board as a template to mark and cut a new board. I then padded the
board with foam rubber but didn't contour the foam correctly. The result
was a beautiful seat back that placed the driver far too close to the
steering wheel! Here's how it looked.

http://aubard.us/53_MG/20171003_124737.jpg

   So now I need to remove the new leather upholstery and re-contour the
foam correctly. And this time I will test the shape before reinstalling the
leather!

Rick

--0000000000003a1eaa05912c76c9

et here! Everyone&#39;s cars must be running perfectly! What else might one=
 expect?<div dir=3D"auto">=C2=A0 =C2=A0I have made no progress on my TD. Th=
e car is 98% restored and with only four tasks remaining.</div><div dir=3D"=
=3D"auto">2. Install the new top and side screens covers.</div><div dir=3D"=
auto">3. Uncover the seat back upholstery and reshape the foam pad. More on=
 that below.</div><div dir=3D"auto">4. Replace the brake master cylinder an=
ith all of that done, the little car will be ready for fall weather motorin=
g. Of course, there is no rush since I live in Houston, Texas where autumn =
doesn&#39;t arrive until December!!!</div><div dir=3D"auto">=C2=A0 =C2=A0No=
w for item number three: When I originally uncovered the TD&#39;s seat back=
 I discovered that the metal springs were rusted and failing beyond repair.=
 The backing board was also delaminating. So I then used the old backing bo=
ard as a template to mark and cut a new board. I then padded the board with=
 foam rubber but didn&#39;t contour the foam correctly. The result was a be=
autiful seat back that placed the driver far too close to the steering whee=
uto"><a href=3D"http://aubard.us/53_MG/20171003_124737.jpg";>http://aubard.u=
ir=3D"auto">=C2=A0 =C2=A0So now I need to remove the new leather upholstery=

--===============1651010044034849581==