Re: [Mgs] To do

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] To do
From: Barrie Robinson via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2019 10:36:48 -0400

--------------19272D3B2BFCB1B6C438C545

Hello Rick,

May I suggest that you use "memory" foam for your seats.   I used that
stuff when I did my seats and it is incredible !!! But get the firmest
grade.

Things not running smoothly here !!
Decided my MGB GT V8 needed a radio.  Had a $$$ Pioneer put in by radio
shop.   Found it would not pick up the two weak stations that have no
adverts.   Windscreen antenna useless. Bought a $40 portable for garage
which worked fine in my garage AND the MGB !!!!   After car radio
installed my car battery went flat after a few days!!!!!   Returned to
car radio shop and had $$$ powered antenna installed.   Weak stations
were picked up - hurrah.   But told to stop radio flattening my battery
I had to remove face plate (WHAAAT!) because the radio was for modern
cars.   So I had them install a kill switch and hopefully that works.
(it does!).    So it would appear that the modern "off" is not off just
as with my cell phone which goes dead after a few days because it polls
the towers for calls /even/ after switching "off"   Technology is
getting stupid these days.   Fancy, my Pioneer has all sorts of cr*p,
Pandora, Bluetooth, Spotify, Sirius, telephone and more but /cannot
/pick up weak stations as can my Golf and garage portable !!!!!!

On 8/28/2019 8:23 AM, Richard Lindsay via Mgs wrote:
> Hello friends,
>    It is SO quiet here! Everyone's cars must be running perfectly!
> What else might one expect?
>    I have made no progress on my TD. The car is 98% restored and with
> only four tasks remaining.
>
> 1. Replace the choke cable.
> 2. Install the new top and side screens covers.
> 3. Uncover the seat back upholstery and reshape the foam pad. More on
> that below.
> 4. Replace the brake master cylinder and re-bleed the brakes.
>
> With all of that done, the little car will be ready for fall weather
> motoring. Of course, there is no rush since I live in Houston, Texas
> where autumn doesn't arrive until December!!!
>    Now for item number three: When I originally uncovered the TD's
> seat back I discovered that the metal springs were rusted and failing
> beyond repair. The backing board was also delaminating. So I then used
> the old backing board as a template to mark and cut a new board. I
> then padded the board with foam rubber but didn't contour the foam
> correctly. The result was a beautiful seat back that placed the driver
> far too close to the steering wheel! Here's how it looked.
>
> http://aubard.us/53_MG/20171003_124737.jpg
>
>    So now I need to remove the new leather upholstery and re-contour
> the foam correctly. And this time I will test the shape before
> reinstalling the leather!
>
> Rick

--------------19272D3B2BFCB1B6C438C545

  <head>
  </head>
        May I suggest that you use "memory" foam for your seats.   I
        used that stuff when I did my seats and it is incredible !!!
        But get the firmest grade. <br>
        Things not running smoothly here !!<br>
        Decided my MGB GT V8 needed a radio.  Had a $$$ Pioneer put in
        by radio shop.   Found it would not pick up the two weak
        stations that have no adverts.   Windscreen antenna useless.
        Bought a $40 portable for garage which worked fine in my garage
        AND the MGB !!!!   After car radio installed my car battery went
        flat after a few days!!!!!   Returned to car radio shop and had
        $$$ powered antenna installed.   Weak stations were picked up -
        hurrah.   But told to stop radio flattening my battery I had to
        remove face plate (WHAAAT!) because the radio was for modern
        cars.   So I had them install a kill switch and hopefully that
        works.  (it does!).    So it would appear that the modern "off"
        is not off just as with my cell phone which goes dead after a
        few days because it polls the towers for calls <i>even</i>
        after switching "off"   Technology is getting stupid these days.
          Fancy, my Pioneer has all sorts of cr*p, Pandora, Bluetooth,
        Spotify, Sirius, telephone and more but <i>cannot  </i>pick up
        weak stations as can my Golf and garage portable !!!!!! <br>
      via Mgs wrote:<br>
cite="mid:CAOc+-dwtUChF6CT9QBUR3CFPn689no4JwLS18BHG+eVJBxH_nQ@mail.gmail.com">
          running perfectly! What else might one expect?
            is 98% restored and with only four tasks remaining.</div>
            covers.</div>
            reshape the foam pad. More on that below.</div>
            re-bleed the brakes.</div>
            ready for fall weather motoring. Of course, there is no rush
            since I live in Houston, Texas where autumn doesn't arrive
            until December!!!</div>
            originally uncovered the TD's seat back I discovered that
            the metal springs were rusted and failing beyond repair. The
            backing board was also delaminating. So I then used the old
            backing board as a template to mark and cut a new board. I
            then padded the board with foam rubber but didn't contour
            the foam correctly. The result was a beautiful seat back
            that placed the driver far too close to the steering wheel!
            Here's how it looked.</div>
              href="http://aubard.us/53_MG/20171003_124737.jpg";

moz-do-not-send="true">http://aubard.us/53_MG/20171003_124737.jpg</a><br>
            upholstery and re-contour the foam correctly. And this time
            I will test the shape before reinstalling the leather!</div>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre"
wrap="">_______________________________________________

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:Mgs@autox.team.net";>Mgs@autox.team.net</a>

href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs";>http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/archive";>http://autox.team.net/archive</a>

Unsubscribe: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/barrob@bell.net";>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/barrob@bell.net</a>
</pre>

--------------19272D3B2BFCB1B6C438C545--

--===============5895365405062397070==