[Mgs] NOS Speedo Angle Drive

To: MGs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] NOS Speedo Angle Drive
From: Michael MacLean via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2020 18:49:35 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_604459_669060710.1580064575869

Recently I won a NOS speedometer angle drive to replace the old one on my 6=
9 GT.=C2=A0 The instrument was pulled recently for a rebuild due to the odo=
meter not working.=C2=A0 Probably my fault, but I was looking for a way to =
lubricate the old angle drive and removed the slotted cover by turning it w=
ith a large screwdriver.=C2=A0 I did not notice that it was staked in place=
 and not threaded into the angle drive body.=C2=A0 Inside I found nylon wor=
n gears that looked a little worn, but still serviceable.=C2=A0 When I coul=
d not figure out how to re-stake the slotted cover I just turned to Ebay.=
=C2=A0 I won an auction for an NOS angle drive for less than the Moss price=
.=C2=A0 I thought I beat the system, but found out that there was a problem=
.=C2=A0 I guess after a number of years the lubrication hardens up.=C2=A0 T=
o turn the gears I need to use needle nose pliers.=C2=A0 There is a lot of =
resistance to turn it.=C2=A0 Any idea how to loosen this up?=C2=A0 I put it=
 in the oven at 200 degrees for 10 minutes to try to soften the hardened gr=
ease, but no success.=C2=A0 Or should I just spring for the Moss angle driv=
e?Mike MacLean

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail on Android
------=_Part_604459_669060710.1580064575869

Recently I won a NOS speedometer angle drive to replace the old one on my 6=
9 GT.&nbsp; The instrument was pulled recently for a rebuild due to the odo=
meter not working.&nbsp; Probably my fault, but I was looking for a way to =
lubricate the old angle drive and removed the slotted cover by turning it w=
ith a large screwdriver.&nbsp; I did not notice that it was staked in place=
 and not threaded into the angle drive body.&nbsp; Inside I found nylon wor=
n gears that looked a little worn, but still serviceable.&nbsp; When I coul=
d not figure out how to re-stake the slotted cover I just turned to Ebay.&n=
bsp; I won an auction for an NOS angle drive for less than the Moss price.&=
nbsp; I thought I beat the system, but found out that there was a problem.&=
nbsp; I guess after a number of years the lubrication hardens up.&nbsp; To =
turn the gears I need to use needle nose pliers.&nbsp; There is a lot of re=
sistance to turn it.&nbsp; Any idea how to loosen this up?&nbsp; I put it i=
n the oven at 200 degrees for 10 minutes to try to soften the hardened grea=
se, but no success.&nbsp; Or should I just spring for the Moss angle drive?=
d=3D"yMail_cursorElementTracker_1580064524153"><br><br><div id=3D"ymail_and=
roid_signature"><a id=3D"ymail_android_signature_link" href=3D"https://go.o=
nelink.me/107872968?pid=3DInProduct&amp;c=3DGlobal_Internal_YGrowth_Android=
EmailSig__AndroidUsers&amp;af_wl=3Dym&amp;af_sub1=3DInternal&amp;af_sub2=3D=
Global_YGrowth&amp;af_sub3=3DEmailSignature">Sent from AT&amp;T Yahoo Mail =
------=_Part_604459_669060710.1580064575869--

--===============6906913496805008798==