Re: [Mgs] Ridiculous nw cars

To: "Barrie Robinson" <barrob@bell.net>, "MGB List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Ridiculous nw cars
From: PaulHunt73 via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 14:22:10 -0000 ZYP2DhTojBSJG7JZNfhSo87GhlHD+/4+ewnRcyxfzn2UFUQc1VEdC+d7fhmPeropyMpAPrx0oVAc8w==

--===============7497734521029390842==
        boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0085_01D5F6E7.49760FD0"

------=_NextPart_000_0085_01D5F6E7.49760FD0
        charset="utf-8"

With you whole-heartedly.  Plus stupid front driving lights that flash =
on and off every time you twitch the steering wheel distracting every =
one else; stupid indicator talks that return to the centre when you =
indicate and have to be pushed the other way to cancel them ... but go =
to far and they start flashing the other way; ditto main/dip stalks =
where you don't know whether they are on or off simply by feeling the =
position of the stalk; stupid light clusters that are a triumph of =
'styling' over function and you don't see come on unless you are looking =
right at them, and then only if the sun isn't at a particular angle; =
big-brother systems that in real-time transmit back to the manufacturer =
exactly where you are and what you are doing down to which door was =
opened when.  Let alone the removal of any and all feedback as to what =
is happening between the car and the road and the driving 'experience' =
is reduced to sitting in an armchair watching TV - which is about all =
the attention drivers of them pay to what it going on outside.

My MG ZS 180 is 15 years old, has only done 50k but I'm going to have to =
replace it soon because spares are getting harder and harder to find.  I =
have a B roadster and a factory V8 and use them in preference, but am =
not willing to 'sacrifice' them to winter salt.=20

PaulH.

----- Original Message -----=20

  I have this gripe about new cars and this is the only big platform I =
have on which to sound off....
------=_NextPart_000_0085_01D5F6E7.49760FD0
        charset="utf-8"

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3DUTF-8" http-equiv=3Dcontent-type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>With you whole-heartedly.&nbsp; Plus stupid front =
driving=20
lights that flash on and off every time you twitch the =
steering&nbsp;wheel=20
distracting every one else; stupid indicator talks that return to the=20
centre&nbsp;when you indicate and have to be pushed the other way =
to&nbsp;cancel=20
them ... but go to far and they start flashing the other way; ditto =
main/dip=20
stalks&nbsp;where you don't know whether they are on or off simply by =
feeling=20
the position of the stalk; stupid light clusters that are a triumph of =
'styling'=20
over function and you don't see come on unless you are looking right at =
them,=20
and then only if the sun isn't at a particular angle; big-brother =
systems that=20
in real-time transmit back to the manufacturer exactly where you are and =
what=20
you are doing down to which door was opened when.&nbsp; Let alone the =
removal of=20
any and all feedback as to what is happening between the car and the =
road and=20
the driving 'experience' is reduced to sitting in an armchair watching =
TV -=20
which is about all the attention drivers of them pay to what it going on =

outside.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>My MG ZS 180 is 15 years old, has only done 50k but =
I'm going=20
to have to&nbsp;replace it soon because spares are getting harder and =
harder to=20
find.&nbsp; I have a B roadster and a factory V8 and use them in =
preference, but=20
am not willing to 'sacrifice' them to&nbsp;winter =
salt.&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>PaulH.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial; BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; font-color: =
black"><BR>I=20
  have this gripe about new cars and this is the only big platform I =
have on=20
  which to sound off....</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>