Re: [Mgs] armstrong front shock

To: Mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] armstrong front shock
From: philip s jones via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2020 16:08:43 -0700
Serendipity!  It just so happened that I had planned to be in the garage today,
replacing a front shock on my â??72 GT.  I think the issue I had noticed was
actually caused by a missing bolt on the front anti-roll bar; but Iâ??m going
ahead with the shock replacement since itâ??s here and paid for.

I noticed, during disassembly, that the manual calls for a spring washer under
the castellated nut on the pin that attaches the shock A-arm to the kingpin.
(If I have the terminology correct).  My car was missing that spring washer.

Is that a reason for concern?  Could it be effectively replaced with a flat
washer?  I couldnâ??t identify an item number for it in the Moss catalogue  . .
.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the thread, especially Paul Hunt.  And
thanks in advance for your responses!

Phil