Re: [Mgs] dashboard install

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] dashboard install
From: Barrie Robinson via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2020 10:02:40 -0400

--------------57C47A609B2405D77E4F5275

Hello Rick and fellow bodies,

When I built my MGB GT V8 (none available in N America) I knew as a
non-factory built car it would never be regarded as a 'real' V8.  So
some modifications were made such as SD1 gearbox and down draft Weber
(actually sold in NA as Edelbrock because brand Weber not well known in
NA!).     But major 'upgrade' was point to point wiring with fuses and
solenoids as per Dan Master's design (see British V8 Newsletter May-Aug
2001)   Thus little fear of difficult to solve electric problems
although it did mean more wire.   There had never been an electrical
problem except a high-torque starter (never buy a cheap one).   The
mechanic who looks after the car loves the wiring.

Cheers
Barrie

On 4/21/2020 8:42 AM, Richard Lindsay via Mgs wrote:
>    Perhaps I'm the only guy who enjoys wiring and electrical systems!
> I just find it rewarding to get everything connected correctly and the
> harness bits aligned. Go figure!
>    My TD is simplicity itself but the other LBC project takes some
> thinking. It's a US specification 1975 TR6. And as we all know, the
> '70s was a time of turmoil for our LBCs; None the least of which was
> the electrics! Part of my goal with this car is to create a CORRECT
> wiring diagram with CORRECT color codes! Nothing I have found
> published matches my car, including the schematics labeled 'U.S.A. Only'.
>    Still, for a guy like me who builds and restores cars rather than
> driving them, this is a perfect challenge (storm?)! There are other
> projects in the queue too, but they are even further OT than Triumph
> talk...so I will leave Volvo, Lancia, and Jaguar words for others.
>
> Rick, in Houston

--------------57C47A609B2405D77E4F5275

  <head>
  </head>
        When I built my MGB GT V8 (none available in N America) I knew
        as a non-factory built car it would never be regarded as a
        'real' V8.  So some modifications were made such as SD1 gearbox
        and down draft Weber (actually sold in NA as Edelbrock because
        brand Weber not well known in NA!).     But major 'upgrade' was
        point to point wiring with fuses and solenoids as per Dan
        face="Arial">(see British V8 Newsletter May-Aug 2001)   Thus
        little fear of difficult to solve electric problems although it
        did mean more wire.   There had never been an electrical problem
        except a high-torque starter (never buy a cheap one).   The
        mechanic who looks after the car loves the wiring.    <br>
        Cheers<br>
        Barrie<br>
      via Mgs wrote:<br>
cite="mid:CAOc+-dzjbMhxsHYCJS=7qvWwbvKnBwym4NJ-LZAM_DxJ88xchQ@mail.gmail.com">
        electrical systems! I just find it rewarding to get everything
        connected correctly and the harness bits aligned. Go figure!
          project takes some thinking. It's a US specification 1975 TR6.
          And as we all know, the '70s was a time of turmoil for our
          LBCs; None the least of which was the electrics! Part of my
          goal with this car is to create a CORRECT wiring diagram with
          CORRECT color codes! Nothing I have found published matches my
          car, including the schematics labeled 'U.S.A. Only'.</div>
          restores cars rather than driving them, this is a perfect
          challenge (storm?)! There are other projects in the queue too,
          but they are even further OT than Triumph talk...so I will
          leave Volvo, Lancia, and Jaguar words for others.</div>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre"
wrap="">_______________________________________________

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:Mgs@autox.team.net";>Mgs@autox.team.net</a>

href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs";>http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/archive";>http://autox.team.net/archive</a>

Unsubscribe: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/barrob@bell.net";>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/barrob@bell.net</a>
</pre>

--------------57C47A609B2405D77E4F5275--

--===============7729531672944707250==