Re: [Mgs] [Mgb-v8] LED instrument lights

To: Barrie Robinson <barrob@bell.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] [Mgb-v8] LED instrument lights
From: Paul Root <ptroot@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2020 11:43:12 -0500
Cc: MGB V8 List <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>, MGB List <mgs@autox.team.net>

--00000000000090a71f05a9dcb086

Long ago, I just removed my dimmer completely, and installed LED lights.
They are never so bright as to be distracting, but do work fine. All stock
gauges. I think I got the bulbs from Little British Car Co. But like I
said, years ago, I don't really remember.

Is it this one?
https://www.speedhut.com/ecommerce/product/780/Gauge-Lighting-Inverter-for-Multiple-Gauges-with-Dimmer

This makes it sound like there is a separate line to each of 8 lights. But
that you can add a splitter to get more if needed.

Have you tried the LEDs without a dimmer?

On Tue, Jul 7, 2020 at 11:00 AM Barrie Robinson <barrob@bell.net> wrote:

> Hello Folks,
>
> I have installed a SpeedHut speedo and tacho in my MGB GT V8 (not a
> factory one) and they are superb.  But the dimmer does not work on them.
> So I have decided to put LED bulbs in the remaining four smaller gauges and
> this means I have to install a LED dimmer for all six gauges.   SpeedHut
> supply an LED dimmer but despite many emails I cannot find how their dimmer
> hooks up with their gauges and my to-be-installed LEDs in the smaller four.
> (Probably affected by the dreaded virus - which we know is a hoax).  I do
> not to know what LED bulbs I get for my 4 small gauges - and I need the new
> stronger ones.   I bought LEDs a while way back and they were no stronger
> than the incandescents !!!
>
> So is there anyone who is into this subject as your help would be much
> appreciated.
>
> I do hope that all is well with you and yours.  We are not doing badly and
> so far the dreaded lurgy has not come near us - but taking super
> precautions including face masks.
>
> Cheers
> Barrie

--00000000000090a71f05a9dcb086

ed LED lights. They are never so bright as to be distracting, but do work f=
ine. All stock gauges. I think I got the bulbs from Little British Car Co. =
But like I said, years ago, I don&#39;t really remember.=C2=A0<div><br></di=
v><div>Is it this one?=C2=A0<a href=3D"https://www.speedhut.com/ecommerce/p=
roduct/780/Gauge-Lighting-Inverter-for-Multiple-Gauges-with-Dimmer">https:/=
/www.speedhut.com/ecommerce/product/780/Gauge-Lighting-Inverter-for-Multipl=
there is a separate line to each of 8 lights. But that you can add a splitt=
 class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Tue, Jul 7,=
 2020 at 11:00 AM Barrie Robinson &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:barrob@bell.net";>ba=
le=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);paddi=
ng-left:1ex">
 =20

   =20
 =20
        I have installed a SpeedHut speedo and tacho in my MGB GT V8
        (not a factory one) and they are superb.=C2=A0 But the dimmer does
        not work on them.=C2=A0 So I have decided to put LED bulbs in the
        remaining four smaller gauges and this means I have to install a
        LED dimmer for all six gauges.=C2=A0=C2=A0 SpeedHut supply an LED d=
immer
        but despite many emails I cannot find how their dimmer hooks up
        with their gauges and my to-be-installed LEDs in the smaller
        four. (Probably affected by the dreaded virus - which we know is
        a hoax).=C2=A0 I do not to know what LED bulbs I get for my 4 small
        gauges - and I need the new stronger ones.=C2=A0=C2=A0 I bought LED=
s a
        while way back and they were no stronger than the incandescents
        !!! <br>
        So is there anyone who is into this subject as your help would
        be much appreciated.<br>
        I do hope that all is well with you and yours.=C2=A0 We are not doi=
ng
        badly and so far the dreaded lurgy has not come near us - but
        taking super precautions including face masks.<br>
        Cheers<br>
        Barrie<br>

m.net</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"noreferrer" target=