Re: [Mgs] Speedo cable stuck in speedo

To: Douglas McKinnie <d.mckinnie@usa.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Speedo cable stuck in speedo
From: Robert's New iPad <mgbobh@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2020 18:50:04 -0400
Cc: mgs@autox.team.net
    You may have bounced the needle to the other side of what looks like a pin
at 3-4 mph.  It is flexible (might even be a tiny spring).  If that happened,
needle will not be able to get past the pin and will max at 3-4 mph, steadily.
    That the works were eviscerated by your pulling out the cable seems
unlikely.
   When the bezel and glass are off, try pushing the pin over and setting the
needle to zero.  Pull it straight off the shaft; push it straight on.  Once set
at zero, push the pin over, then rest the parked needle on the pin.
   Are you taking this opportunity to fit LEDs into the instruments?
Bob