Re: [Mgs] Speedo cable stuck in speedo

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Speedo cable stuck in speedo
From: "Douglas McKinnie" <d.mckinnie@usa.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2020 19:59:01 -0400
Z-usanet-msgid: XID075yHsX8B3328X31
Further update --

With the bezel off, I bumped the needle to see if it was caught on the pin-
what I found was that it was would move stiffly, as if something was in
contact with the disk behind.

I pulled the Speedo out of the dash again and pulled out the bulb-holder a
little bit, and this let the needle move freely.

Did a quick test drive around the block - mostly 30MPH but a short 45MPH
section, and the speedo worked, and matched the speed shown on my GPS
exactly.

The needle is a little bouncy when accellerating/decelerating, and I can hear
it rotating, so I suspect that the new cable needs lubrication right out of
the box. Time to work out what lubricant is best for this purpose.

A new choke cable should be arriving within a day or two, so I'll be quite
used to sticking my hand behind the dash by the end of the weekend.