[Mgs] Dash gauges dimmer

To: MGB List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] Dash gauges dimmer
From: Barrie Robinson <barrob@bell.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2020 13:32:12 -0400

--------------3A3481AFDDBFFE8482C97FD6

Hello folks,

I have put in a SpeedHut LED tach and a speedo as my MGB GT V8 is
definitely a non-standard 'user' as opposed to an original. Thus I will
have two dimmer rheostats (LEDs do not like incandescent dimming)  My
problem is that the dimmer switch for the SpeedHut gauges does not have
along enough threaded bit to fit through a 1/4" thick dash.   I can
crush the pad in the dash a bit but nowhere enough.  So I thought a
rheostat with a long thread would work but I cannot finds any with a
long threaded bit.   Incidentally the SpeedHuts require an inverter
which is then controlled by a rheostat - thus two rheostats.  Any ideas
folks ?

Cheers
Barrie

--------------3A3481AFDDBFFE8482C97FD6

  <head>

  </head>
        I have put in a SpeedHut LED tach and a speedo as my MGB GT V8
        is definitely a non-standard 'user' as opposed to an original.
        Thus I will have two dimmer rheostats (LEDs do not like
        incandescent dimming)  My problem is that the dimmer switch for
        the SpeedHut gauges does not have along enough threaded bit to
        fit through a 1/4" thick dash.   I can crush the pad in the dash
        a bit but nowhere enough.  So I thought a rheostat with a long
        thread would work but I cannot finds any with a long threaded
        bit.   Incidentally the SpeedHuts require an inverter which is
        then controlled by a rheostat - thus two rheostats.  Any ideas
        folks ?<br>
        Cheers<br>
        Barrie<br>

--------------3A3481AFDDBFFE8482C97FD6--