[Mgs] Mold

To: Mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mgs] Mold
From: Frank Krajewski <frankk12@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 11:11:50 -0400
I keep my 1980 MGB LE stored and covered in my sop from about late September to
now. I live in Rhode island and canâ??t risk driving it until the rain has
washed away all the salt on the roads. This year I took it to Bassettâ??s
Jaguar, just down the road from me as I know Bill Bassett and he has helped me
out in the past. It needed some minor work which he was going to do. Bill
called me later tat day and said he couldnâ??t touch the car due to extensive
mold everywhere.  Since then I have embarked on an extensive mold removal
effort using white vinegar and several commercially available products. Is
there something more I should be doing and is there some way to prevent this
from happening in the future other than leaving the car uncovered? I am even
having it professionally detailed next week. The detailer promised to
thoroughly clean and demold  the car.
Frank Krajewski
1980 MGBLE
1991 Miata LE