Re: [Mgs] Mold

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Mold
From: Barrie Robinson <barrob@bell.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 13:43:07 -0400

--------------DB39B66D56B3790550D58A24

Hello Bob,

I lay up my MGB GT V8 for winter. (I am in Barrie, Ontario)   I put a
car cover over it - plain jane not quite to the ground soft one - but I
put one of those weak heater things that fit into a light socket (with
extension cord) under the car.   I think it is something in the area of
10W.   This drives off dampness/mold.   The danger is maybe mice will
build a little snug around it - but so far no problems!    In the UK I
always used a small heater which burnt forever on a slurp of
paraffin.     Have not seen one in NA but then I have not looked.

Cheers
Barrie

On 4/28/2021 12:40 PM, Robert's New iPad wrote:
>   Frank is using sop for Standard Operating Procedure.
> Bob
>

> On Apr 28, 2021, at 12:17 PM, Max Heim <mvheim@sonic.net
>
>> What is a â??sopâ???
>>
>> --
>> Max Heim
>> '66 MGB
>>
>>> On Apr 28, 2021, at 8:11 AM, Frank Krajewski <frankk12@verizon.net
>>>
>>> I keep my 1980 MGB LE stored and covered in my sop from about late
>>> September to now. I live in Rhode island and canâ??t risk driving it
>>> until the rain has washed away all the salt on the roads. This year
>>> I took it to Bassettâ??s Jaguar, just down the road from me as I know
>>> Bill Bassett and he has helped me out in the past. It needed some
>>> minor work which he was going to do. Bill called me later tat day
>>> and said he couldnâ??t touch the car due to extensive mold everywhere.
>>>  Since then I have embarked on an extensive mold removal effort
>>> using white vinegar and several commercially available products. Is
>>> there something more I should be doing and is there some way to
>>> prevent this from happening in the future other than leaving the car
>>> uncovered? I am even having it professionally detailed next week.
>>> The detailer promised to thoroughly clean and demold  the car.
>>> Frank Krajewski
>>> 1980 MGBLE
>>> 1991 Miata LE
>>>

>>> Sent from my iPad.

>>> <http://www.team.net/donate.html>
>>> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>>>
>>> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs
>>> <http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs> http://autox.team.net/archive
>>> <http://autox.team.net/archive>
>>>
>>> Unsubscribe:
>>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/mvheim@sonic.net
>>> <http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/mvheim@sonic.net>

>> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html <http://www.team.net/donate.html>
>> Suggested annual donation  $12.75
>>
>> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs
>> <http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs> http://autox.team.net/archive
>> <http://autox.team.net/archive>
>>
>> Unsubscribe:
>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/mgbobh@gmail.com
>> <http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/mgbobh@gmail.com>

--------------DB39B66D56B3790550D58A24

  <head>
  </head>
        I lay up my MGB GT V8 for winter. (I am in Barrie, Ontario)   I
        put a car cover over it - plain jane not quite to the ground
        soft one - but I put one of those weak heater things that fit
        into a light socket (with extension cord) under the car.   I
        think it is something in the area of 10W.   This drives off
        dampness/mold.   The danger is maybe mice will build a little
        snug around it - but so far no problems!    In the UK I always
        used a small heater which burnt forever on a slurp of
        paraffin.     Have not seen one in NA but then I have not
        looked.<br>
        Cheers<br>
        Barrie<br>
      iPad wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:42F6F9E7-671E-40A1-9BEC-0EEF231B856F@gmail.com">
        Procedure.</div>
        On Apr 28, 2021, at 12:17 PM, Max Heim &lt;<a
          href="mailto:mvheim@sonic.net";
moz-do-not-send="true">mvheim@sonic.net</a>&gt;
        wrote:<br>
            charset=UTF-8">
          What is a â??sopâ???
                text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform:
                none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px;
                -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; word-wrap: break-word;
                -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break:
                after-white-space;" class="">
                  text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform:
                  none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px;
                  -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; word-wrap: break-word;
                  -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break:
                  after-white-space;" class="">
                    16px;" class="">Max Heim</div>
                    MGB</div>
                  Krajewski &lt;<a href="mailto:frankk12@verizon.net";
                    class="" moz-do-not-send="true">frankk12@verizon.net</a>&gt;
                  wrote:</div>
                    in my sop from about late September to now. I live
                    in Rhode island and canâ??t risk driving it until the
                    rain has washed away all the salt on the roads. This
                    year I took it to Bassettâ??s Jaguar, just down the
                    road from me as I know Bill Bassett and he has
                    helped me out in the past. It needed some minor work
                    which he was going to do. Bill called me later tat
                    day and said he couldnâ??t touch the car due to
                    extensive mold everywhere.  Since then I have
                    embarked on an extensive mold removal effort using
                    white vinegar and several commercially available
                    products. Is there something more I should be doing
                    and is there some way to prevent this from happening
                    in the future other than leaving the car uncovered?
                    I am even having it professionally detailed next
                    week. The detailer promised to thoroughly clean and
                    demold  the car.<br class="">
                    Frank Krajewski<br class="">
                    1980 MGBLE<br class="">
                    1991 Miata LE<br class="">
                    Sent from my iPad. <br class="">
                    _______________________________________________<br
                      class="">
                      moz-do-not-send="true">Mgs@autox.team.net</a><br
                      class="">
                    Donate: <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html";

moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br
                      class="">
                    Suggested annual donation  $12.75<br class="">
                    Archive: <a
                      href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs";

moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs</a>

moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br
                      class="">
                    Unsubscribe: <a

href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/mvheim@sonic.net";

moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/mvheim@sonic.net</a><br
                      class="">

              moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs</a>

              href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/mgbobh@gmail.com";

      <pre class="moz-quote-pre"
wrap="">_______________________________________________

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:Mgs@autox.team.net";>Mgs@autox.team.net</a>

href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs";>http://www.team.net/pipermail/mgs</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/archive";>http://autox.team.net/archive</a>

Unsubscribe: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/barrob@bell.net";>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/mgs/barrob@bell.net</a>
</pre>

--------------DB39B66D56B3790550D58A24--

--===============7064446604519155426==