Re: [Mgs] Removal of Oil Pressure Switch

To: Michael MacLean <springer.mike51@gmail.com>,mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Removal of Oil Pressure Switch
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@mgaguru.com> mail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2021 08:47:58 -0500

--=====================_2059843==.ALT

Been there.  For the later model MGB with=20
recessed dash panel and limited space behind, and=20
the console in place, Left Hand Drive, You may=20
need to remove the large instrument next door to=20
the left before you can get to the oil pressure=20
gauge.  If you can't get to that iunstrument,=20
then you may have to remove the next instrument to the left first.

Different model years have different instruments,=20
and some of them may have been swapped in=20
positions.  In a pinch, you may have to start at=20
the left end of the dash and remove all of the=20
instruments in sequence until you get to the=20
smaller gauge you want.  Then reach in through=20
the larger hole for access to the smaller gauge=20
connections and mounting bracket.

Reassembly is the reverse of disassembly.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
http://MGAguru.com

At 03:46 AM 5/30/2021, Michael MacLean wrote:
>It is the oil pressure gauge I need to remove, not the switch.
>Mike MacLean
>1969 MGB GT

--=====================_2059843==.ALT

panel and limited space behind, and the console in place, Left Hand
Drive, You may need to remove the large instrument next door to the left
before you can get to the oil pressure gauge.&nbsp; If you can't get to
that iunstrument, then you may have to remove the next instrument to the
left first.<br><br>
Different model years have different instruments, and some of them may
have been swapped in positions.&nbsp; In a pinch, you may have to start
at the left end of the dash and remove all of the instruments in sequence
until you get to the smaller gauge you want.&nbsp; Then reach in through
the larger hole for access to the smaller gauge connections and mounting
bracket.<br><br>
Reassembly is the reverse of disassembly.<br><br>
Barney Gaylord<br>
1958 MGA with an attitude<br>

</a>At 02:36 AM 5/30/2021, Michael MacLean wrote:<br>
ure
switch in my 1969 MGB GT?=C2&nbsp; I was reaching in from behind to replace
the old light bulb with an LED type bulb.=C2&nbsp; Half of the LED=C2&nbsp;
bulb broke off in the gauge and I can't get it out while it's in place in
the dash.=C2&nbsp; Do I have to remove the whole dash?<br>
Mike MacLean<br>
....</blockquote><br>
At 03:46 AM 5/30/2021, Michael MacLean wrote:<br>
need to remove, not the switch.<br>
Mike MacLean<br>
1969 MGB GT<br>

--===============0565488558599839562==