[Mgs] Dashpot Oil

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mgs] Dashpot Oil
From: Michael MacLean <springer.mike51@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2021 13:17:02 -0700

--00000000000092893f05c4d3a888

I watched a recent John Twist video today on fitting H type SU carbs to a T
type MG.  In the video he says to use 90 wt gear oil in the dashpot.  He
also said the lighter oils and ATF that so many people recommend contribute
to the early wear and tear on the carb.  Anyone else using this weight oil
in the carb?  All my life I have been putting 20 wt oil inthe dashpot.
Mike MacLean
1969 MGB GT
1960 Austin Healey Sprite
1956 Austin Healey BN2 LeMans

--00000000000092893f05c4d3a888

H type SU carbs to a T type MG.=C2=A0 In the video he says to use 90 wt gea=
r oil in the dashpot.=C2=A0 He also said the lighter oils and ATF that so m=
any people recommend contribute to the early wear and tear on the carb.=C2=
=A0 Anyone else using this weight oil in the carb?=C2=A0 All my life I have=

--00000000000092893f05c4d3a888--

--===============3827365545624403684==